Frequently Asked Questions about Sources
Date Written: 2009-05-13
Publisher: Sources, Toronto, Canada
Year Published: 2009
Resource Type: Article
Cx Number: CX8339
SOURCES is a media service that connects journalists, editors, authors and researchers with the sources they need for their work. SOURCES spotlights organizations, institutions, government agencies, companies, and individuals who want to share their expertise and points of view with the media. The SOURCES directory is used by thousands of reporters and researchers who need to find quotable sources and reliable information for their news stories or research.
Any organization or individual that stands to gain from more publicity and increased public awareness benefits from being in SOURCES. This includes:
- Organizations seeking to make theirs views heard.
- Universities, colleges and institutes who know their ability to attract funding and students is related to the reputation they achieve for their expert knowledge and research.
- Businesses, executives, and entrepreneurs who want to be featured in the media as knowledgeable leaders in their field.
- Associations who want their members' views and concerns to be heard in public policy discussions.
- Individual experts, speakers, authors, and entrepreneurs who want a higher public profile.
- Publishers who want to promote their books, their periodicals, and their authors.
- Charitable organizations seeking to raise their profile among potential members and donors.
- Government bodies and public institutions looking for a cost-effective way of distributing their media releases and statements to the media. Municipal, provincial, federal, international and inter-governmental bodies and agencies are included in SOURCES and distribute news releases through the SOURCES newsfeed.
- Tourism promotion agencies and tourist destinations such as museums and art galleries can use SOURCES to get free publicity in the form of media coverage.
Anyone who has knowledge to share or informed comment to offer on topics that are or should be in the news benefits from being in SOURCES because companies and organizations listed in SOURCES get more calls from the media and more media coverage.