The multinational corporation in Canada
Publisher: Macmillan, Toronto, Canada
Year Published: 1970
Pages: 185pp Resource Type: Book
Cx Number: CX7649
Levitt examines the historical background of foreign investment in Canada, its acceleration since the Second World War, and the nature of the intrusion into a sovereign state of the multinational corporation. she argues that recolonization by U.S. international corporations is rapidly transforming Canada into the world's richest under-developed country.
Table of Contents
1. The Recolonization of Canada
2. The Old Mercantilism and the New
3. The Rise of the Nation State
4. Regression to Dependence
5. Who Decides?
6. Metropolis and Hinterland
7. The Harvest of Lengthening Dependence
Appendix: The New Mercantilism of U.S. Direct Investment