Connexions Quotations

AuthorsTopics — First Letter: A  B  C  D  E  F  G  H  I  K  L  M N O P R S T U V  W Y

Anonymous Quotes

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you’re a mile away and you have their shoes.
– Anon

The 80-20 Law:
The first 80% of a project takes 80% of the time.
The final 20% takes the other 80%.

If unions aren’t needed anymore, why do corporations spend billions to destroy them?

Making revolution also means breaking our internal chains.
- Graffiti, Paris May 1968

’Merry Christmas. You no shoot, we no shoot.’
- German, British and French soldiers disobey their superiors and fraternize with ‘the enemy’, 1914

The more I make love, the more I want to make revolution. The more I make revolution, the more I want to make love.
- Graffiti, Paris May 1968

Power to the imagination.
- Graffiti, Paris May 1968

The walls have ears. Your ears have walls.
- Graffiti, Paris May 1968

We’re taking possession. So move out!
- Workers at the Hormel Packing Company tell managers they are taking over the plant

When an old man dies, a library burns to the ground.
- African proverb

The work we are going about is this, To dig up Georges Hill and the waste Ground thereabouts, and to Sow Corn, and to eat our bread together by the sweat of our brows. And the First Reason is this, That we may work in righteousness, and lay the Foundation of making the Earth a Common Treasury for All, both Rich and Poor, That every one that is born in the Land, may be fed by the Earth his Mother that brought him forth, according to the Reason that rules in the Creation. Not Inclosing any part into any particular hand, but all as one man, working together, and feeding together as Sons of one Father, members of one Family; not one Lording over another, but all looking upon each other, as equals in the Creation.
- The True Levellers Standard Advanced, April 1649

You are not expected to complete the work in your lifetime. Neither must you refuse to do your part.
- Jewish proverb - Talmud

AuthorsTopics — First Letter: A  B  C  D  E  F  G  H  I  K  L  M N O P R S T U V  W Y