Soviet Russia Masters the Comintern
International Communism in the Era of Stalin's Ascendancy
Year Published: 1974
Pages: 544pp ISBN: 0-385-01349-3
Resource Type: Book
Cx Number: CX6575
A documentary history.
Table of Contents:
Socialism in One Country - Bolshevization of the Comintern
I. THE NEW COURSE: TO THE LEFT
1. Grigorii Zinoviev, "The Choice Between Bourgeois Republic and Monarchy Is Real"
2. Karl Korsch,"Lenin and the Comintern"
3. "Letter from the ECCI to All Organizations and Members of the Comunist Party of Germany"
4. "Platform of the KPD Left"
5. A. Rosmer, P. Monatte and V. Delagarde, "Open Letter to Members of the PCF"
6. "280 Militant Communist Proclaim the Truth About the Party 'Disaster' and Denounce the 'Intolerable Dictatorship' of a Veritable Cotrie of 'Megolomaniacs'"
7. Albert Treint, "Open Letter to All Members of the French Communist Party"
8. "Resolution of the Sixth ECCI Plenum on the French Question"
II. THE OLD COURSE: TO THE RIGHT
1. Grigorii Zinoviev, "The NEP Peasant Policy Is Valid Universally"
2. "Resolution on Central Europe and the Balkans; The Yugoslav Problem"
3. Sima Markovic, "Regarding the National Question in Jugoslavia"
4. Joseph Stalin, "Concerning the National Question in Jugoslavia"
5. "Theses on the Tactics in the Trade Union Movement"
6. Leon Trotsky, "British Labor Problems"
7. John T. Murphy, "Fighting for Life: Revolution Not in Sight"
8. R. Palme Dutt, "The First General Strike"
9. "Resolution of the Seventh ECCI Plenum on the Situation in Britain"
III. THE THIRD PERIOD: STALINIZATION TRIUMPHANT
1. Christian Rakovsky, "Letter to Valentinov"
2. "Theses of the Sixth Comintern Congress on the International Situation and the Tasks of the Communist International"
3. "Resolution of the Ninth ECCI Plenum on the English Question"
4. "Open Letter of the ECCI to the Sixth Convention of the Workers (Communist) Party of America"
5. "Address by the ECCI to All Members of the CP of the United States"
6. "Resolution of the Tenth ECCI Plenum on Comrade Bukharin"
The Cominternand Colonial Peoples
I. THEORETICAL ABIGUITY: COMMUNISM FROM BELOW OR ANTI-IMPERIALISM FROM ABOVE?
1. "Preliminary Draft of Some Theses on the National and Colonial Question" and "Supplementary Theses on the National and Colonial Question"
2. "'Easterners' v. 'Westerners' on the National and Colonial Question"
3. Grigorii Zinoviev, "Holy War Against Imperialism"
4. M.N. Roy, "Subtleties in the Anti-Imperialist Struggle"
5. Ho Chi Minh, "The Struggle against Capitalism Lies in the Colonies"
6. Dimitrii Manuilsky, "Report on the National-Colonial Question"
7. M.N. Roy, "Beware the Nationalist Bourgeoisie; Support the Class Struggle"
II. CHINA, WATERLOO OF COMINTERN COLONIAL POLICY: PROLOGUE
1. Hendrik Sneevliet, "Report to the Executive of Comrade H. Maring"
2. "First Manifesto of the CCP on the Current Situation"
3. "Manifesto of the Second National Congress of the CCP"
4. Liu Jen-ching, "Report on the Situation in China"
5. Karl Radek, "Comments on the Orient Question"
6. "Theses on the Worker Movement of the Fourth Congress of the CCP"
III. CHINA, WATERLOO OF COMINTERN COLONIAL POLICY: DENOUEMENT
1. "Resolution on the Chinese Question of the Sixth ECCI Plenum"
2. "Decisions of a Special Commission of the Soviet Politburo on Far Eastern Policy"
3. N. Nassonov, N. Fokine and A. Albrecht, "The Letter from Shanghai"
4. "Theses on the Chinese Situation"
5. Joseph Stalin, "Question of the Chinese Revolution"
6. Leon Trotsky, "First Speech on the Chinese Question" and "Second Speech on the Chinese Question"
7. Albert Treint, "Eighth Plenum of the ECCI-Sub-Committee on China"
8. "Resolution of the ECCI on the Present Situation of the Chinese Revolution"
SELECTED GENERAL BIBLIOGRAPHY