The Solidarity Committee with the Bolivian People
Organization profile published 1980
Publisher: The Solidarity Committee with the Bolivian People, Montreal, Canada
Year Published: 1980
Resource Type: Organization
Cx Number: CX2103
Abstract: The Solidarity Committee has been formed in response to the coup d'etate which occurred in Bolivia on July 17, 1980. The committee claims that widespread repression has characterized the new dictatorial regime of General Meza. In face of the repression and in response to the resistance of the Bolivian people, this solidarity committee has condemned the coup d'etat, and has sought to:
1. prevent the recognition of the military junta;
2. denounce the repression and take measures which will bring it to an end;
3. demand that the government of the National Unity be recognized;
4. support the resistance of the Bolivian people and
5. sensitize the Canadian public and keep them informed of the Bolivian situation.
This organization no longer exists.
This abstract was published in the Connexions Digest in 1980.