Boggs, CarlPublisher: Pluto Press
Year Published: 1976
Pages: 145pp ISBN: 0-904383-03-2
Resource Type: Book
Cx Number: CX11584
Carl Boggs introduces Gramsci as one of the first marxist theorists to grapple with the problems of revolutionary change in advanced capitalist society and as the first to identify the importance of the ideological-cultural struggle against bourgeois values.
Table of Contents
1. Marxism as the 'Philosophy of Praxis'
2. Ideological Hegemony and Class Struggle
3. Mass Consciousness and Revolution
4. The Factory Councils: Nucleus of the 'New State'
5. The Revolutionary Party: 'Modern Prince' and 'Collective Intellectual'
Epilogue: Gramsci's Marxism today